To talk about the application of LEDs in flashlights, we must first emphasize the characteristics of LED.
1. LED tend to have long lifespam, generally up to 50,000 hours or more, that's 5-10 times longer than the lifespam of traditional tungsten lamps.
2. LED generates cold light,and generates less heat during use,which prevents the base from damage.
3. LEDs have fast response time, they tend to be more impact resistance, smaller in size, and easier to equip with smaller flashlights.
4. Power Saving, better efficiency at same power input, and it’s more eco-friendly.
5. The response time is just about 1 microsecond, you don’t need to warm your light before use like using those old flashlights, it’s also safers to use.
6. Can be driven by low voltage, which makes it safer and more reliable.
In recent years, as LED technology and Li-ion battery technology have become more mature, its cost has been decreasing, various specifications of high brightness LEDs have naturally been used more often in new lighting equipments. And the use of high-brightness LED in flashlights is the best of all, because of its high efficiency, long lifespan features, it can be a perfect match with the high capacity Li-ion battery cells. At the moment, the most experienced user of high brightness LEDs in the flashlight industry is Imalent Flashlight, which specializes in all kinds of rechargeable LED flashlights and has the world's brightest rechargeable LED flashlight-MS18 coming in at 100,000 lumens output.
Rechargeable LED flashlight is a very developed lighting equipment with LED light-emitting diode as the light source, which has the characteristics of power saving, good durability, better brightness, etc.